EDUCATION / ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION:
- 2017-current Tashkent State University of Economics, Uzbekistan, PhD independent researcher.
- 2008-2011 University of Santiago de Compostela, Spain, PhD courses in Applied Economics.
- 2007-2008 Westminster International University in Tashkent, Uzbekistan, Postgraduate Certificate of Special Study in Teaching and Learning.
- 2002-2004 University of Surrey, UK, MSc in Management.
- 1998-2002 Tashkent State University of Economics, Uzbekistan, BA (Hons) in International Business.
EMPLOYMENT (WORKING EXPERIENCE):
- 2004-current Westminster International University in Tashkent, Senior Lecturer.
EXPERTISE (RESEARCH AREA/INTEREST):
- Consumer Behavior
- Project Management
- Fiscal Federalism
- Operations Management
- ERASMUS+ CACTLE Project on "Implementing Center for Teaching, Learning and Entrepreneurship", 2016-2018.
- InterAction: Leadership for Enterpreneurship Programme in Turkey, Ukraine, Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan, Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan. Organized by British Council, 2008.
- Grant holder of Norwegian Institutre of International Affairs (NUPI) project supported by the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs: Regional Competence Building for Think Tanks in the South Caucasus and Central Asia, 2008.
- TEMPUS Project on "Developing Alliance Between Universities and Business in Uzbekistan", 2007-2008.
- Project on "Corporate Social Responsibility" in partnership with Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Uzbekistan by support of British Embassy in Uzbekistan, 2006-2007.
- TEMPUS Project on "Capacity Building for Independent Learning in Higher Education in Uzbekistan", 2005-2006.
- Supervision of Undergraduate Business Administration students since 2007.
- Uzbek - native
- Russian - fluent
- English - fluent
- Turkish - fluent
- Spanish - independent user
TEACHING AND LEARNING:
- Project Management
- Operations Management
- Dissertation (Undergraduate Business Administration course)
- Financial Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Komilova I. and Alimukhamedova, N. "On Improving the Quality of Academic Research and Student-Oriented Teaching in Uzbekistan", Presented in international academic conference organized by IAMO on Social Science Knowledge and Sustainable Agricultural Development along Silk Road, TIIAMO, November 2018.
- Komilova, I. and Egamberdiev B. "Blended Learning Effectiveness: Empirical Study of Westminster International University in Tashkent Students". In Teaching and Learning at Universities. Promoting good teaching to promote good learning in a changing society. Collective Monography, SP “Starkov S.A.”, Vienna, ISBN978-9965-844-43-0, 2018
- Komilova I. “Organization, Human Resource and Management in Small Businesses” chapter of book in Entrepreneurship and Business Development Textbook for students. ISBN 978-9965-844-44-7, 2018
- Komilova, I. “Didactic Triangle” and “Constructive Alignment” two chapters in Certified University Teacher workbook. ISBN 978-9965-844-46-1, 2018
- Komilova I., Egamberdiev, B., Alimukhamedova N. and Nishanov, B. "Optimal Resource Allocation and Results Driven through Project Management Application: Evidence from Uzbekistan", Presented in international conference in MDIS, November 2017.
- Komilova I. & Tadjibaeva, D. "Influence of Tax Reforms on the Prosperity of Micro-firms and Small Businesses in Uzbekistan", Asia Pacific Development Journal, Vol 16(2), p.31-64, December 2009.
- Komilova I. & Ayupov B. "Feasibility of Corporate Social Responsibility Activities practiced by SME's in Uzbekistan: Stakeholder Perspective. A handbook of Corporate Governance and Social Responsibility, Gower Publishing Limited, England, 2010, p365-377.
- Komilova I. and Wagner, R. "Quality Assurance in Higher Education: A Double-edged Sword", Presented in International Conference on "Quality Assurance in Higher Education", November 2007.
PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AND PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP:
- 2018 Accredited Agile Project Manager Practitioner, APMG International
- 2006 Association of Accountants and Auditors of Uzbekistan
- 2006 Eurasian Council of Certified Accountants and Auditors
- OSCE grant for Association of Business Women of Uzbekistan. Training to 150 business women of Uzbekistan, 2017.
COURSES, WORKSHOPS AND TRAININGS ATTENDED:
- Advanced Management Trainer (AMT) in framework of ERASMUS+ CACTLE project. Vienna University of Economics and Business, Austria, 2017-2018.
- Certified University Teacher (CUT) in framework of ERASMUS+ CACTLE project. Vienna University of Economics and Business, Austria, 2016.
- Certified Accountant Practitioner (CAP), National Association of Auditors and Accountants of Uzbekistan, 2006.